When we talk about blood pressure we refer to the force with which blood travels throughout our body. To measure the tension, two values are taken into account, the systolic number which is the first, and the diastolic number, which is the second. Thus a normal blood pressure will oscillate between the systolic of 100 to 129 mmHg and the diastolic between 60 to 84 mmHg. Below those levels is considered low, which brings various problems to our health that can range from simple dizziness to cardiac complications that require urgent health care. To raise the level of low blood pressure, You can resort to simple things, such as increasing salt intake, but in moderation, as well as taking ginger. If you suffer from low blood pressure, the first thing we recommend is that you go to your doctor, as this may be a symptom of more serious health problems.
Given the affectation that this condition has among the population, from ututilis we give you some tips so that you discover how to raise the low blood pressure and that, thus, you can easily balance your levels.
Causes of low tension
Low blood pressure, also known as arterial hypotension, may be due to an isolated episode or, as in the case of hypertension, a condition. Some reasons why the tension drops are due to the intake of certain medications, certain treatments such as chemotherapy, diseases such as anemia, infections or specific health conditions derived from a disease of the past.
Symptoms of low blood pressure
The low blood pressure is manifested by various symptoms : fatigue and constant fatigue, dizziness or vertigo especially when you wake up or change position, feeling that you’re about to pass out and in some cases even fainting, nausea and pallor.
If the pressure drop is due to heart problems you can feel your heart beat intensely, while if it is an internal bleeding stool may contain blood. When it is due to an infection, a high fever above 38 degrees can occur .
The first key to raising low blood pressure is to detect what is causing the problem. Until you know the origin you can follow some recommendations, but only a doctor can tell you a really effective treatment, because if it is due to any illness or major infection you will require specialized attention immediately. That is why our recommendation is that you go to a specialist if the hypotension occurs several times and for no apparent reason.
What to do if I have low blood pressure
If you have detected that you have low blood pressure and you are wondering what to do in this case, at ututilis we recommend you:
- Go to the doctor to diagnose well the problem and its origin, as well as to give you the best treatment for you.
- In addition to following the rabbits and medical treatment, you will have to take into account what you eat. Later we explain the foods and habits that lower the tension and you have to avoid and the foods that you have to eat to combat it.
- Take beverages that increase blood pressure, such as coffee and tea that contain caffeine.
- Use home remedies that will help you regulate your tension again, like the ones you’ll see later in this article. Before you start using them, if you are already taking medication, do not forget to consult them with your doctor.
Things that produce low tension and you should avoid
These are some of the things that lower the tension and that, if you ask how to raise low blood pressure, you will have to avoid:
- To avoid that your pressure goes down much stay away from the climates and environments too hot. Do not take very hot baths or go to saunas, because this type of atmosphere favors the decrease in pressure.
- During the warmer seasons it is important to keep your house cool.
- Dehydration can trigger a significant drop in pressure, so it is necessary to drink plenty of water, between 2 and 3 liters a day, including the liquid that comes from fruits and vegetables. Drinking more water will help you feel better and prevent dehydration and low blood pressure on hot days.
- As much as possible avoid alcohol that can affect your tension, prefer drinks like coffee or tea in moderate amounts, which will benefit your blood pressure, likewise you should always seek to hydrate properly, especially when exercising.
What to eat to raise the low tension
A vital aspect about how to raise the pressure is what you eat. Thus, it is important to increase the intake of fruits and other vegetables to improve the state of your blood pressure. This type of food contains nutrients and vitamins beneficial to our body, in addition to liquid to keep us hydrated. If your blood pressure has dropped due to lack of iron, as in anemia, you should increase the intake of lean red meats, and vegetables such as spinach, lamb’s lettuce or broccoli.
Home remedies to raise low blood pressure
There are some plants and products that during generation have been used as home remedies against high blood pressure. With time, science has ended up giving the reason to these old practices and in ututilis we explain its benefits:
- Ginger is a great ally to improve hypotension because it promotes blood circulation. Take a piece of fresh ginger, sprinkle it and place it in a little water. Let it boil for a few minutes and take it. If you suffer from low blood pressure you can take this home remedy twice a day.
- Ginseng is another stimulant for blood supply, especially in the area of the brain, helping us feel more energetic and healthy and contributing to the rise in blood pressure.
- If you have low pressure suddenly and you wonder how to raise it, a good quick home remedy is to drink a glass of water with a spoonful of salt. This will help raise your pressure and make you feel better, of course it is a specific solution for a specific decrease and not a remedy that should be taken regularly.
These recommendations and home remedies can help you to avoid pressure drops and improve your condition, but you should consult a doctor if you experience frequent episodes, because it could be an important condition that requires the attention of a specialist.
- The low tension can be a chronic condition, in these cases it is important to avoid too hot spaces, be hydrated and consume plants such as ginger or ginseng frequently, as they favor the rise in blood pressure.