Relieving toothache fast is possible with some simple home remedies such as parsley, clove, lemon, garlic, black tea, among others. These natural products are excellent alternatives not only to reduce oral pain but also to reduce inflammation and infection. A toothache is one of the most intense discomforts that we can experience and a symptom to which we must pay attention because it can be a sign that something important happens in our mouth.
The reality is that when we feel a toothache we can not always get a specialist to review us right away, so we must take some measures to reduce the pain while we are treated. If you do not want to resort to any medication before knowing what happens to you, in ututilis, we explain how to relieve a toothache with home remedies and naturally.
Main causes of a toothache
The causes of a toothache are several and detecting the proper is essential to ensure an improvement in your condition. The most common reasons for this discomfort are:
- Advanced caries that affects the nerves of the tooth.
- An abscess in the tooth.
- The output of the wisdom teeth.
- Pain in the ears or sinusitis.
- A cracked crown or tooth.
- A food that has remained between the teeth producing inflammation and discomfort.
It is important that if you suspect that it is a decay, a damaged tooth or an abscess, go to the dentist to treat your tooth and improve the discomfort as soon as possible.
Floss and mouthwash
This is not properly a natural remedy, but it will help you eliminate any food residue that is between the molars and that may be the possible cause of a toothache and discomfort.
If you want to know how to calm a toothache in a natural and simple way here we leave you to step by step that will help you reduce the dirt and, therefore, to minimize the discomfort:
- Gently insert a little dental floss into the tooth that hurts.
- Cleaning the area discards that it is a food waste and, at the same time, relieves a little inflammation of the area. It is normal that in this case, even if you do it with care, you bleed a bit the gums when passing the thread or dental tape, clean yourself with a little water.
- Finally, use a mouthwash.
One of the best home remedies for a toothache is parsley since it is perfect for relieving toothache. It has diuretic, antispasmodic properties and fights pain thanks to components such as flavonoids, minerals, acids, vitamins, and amino acids.
In addition, because it is very simple to obtain and consume, it is frequently used to treat various discomforts and conditions. To know how to remove a toothache with this ingredient, you should follow these steps:
- Grab some fresh parsley and wash it beforehand.
- Chewing a little parsley with the affected tooth several times a day can help you to remove a toothache quickly and naturally.
Water and salt, excellent natural antiseptic
When a toothache is due to a dental abscess or to an infection caused by a decomposed food between the molars, the salt is a great ally due to its antiseptic power, since it helps to fight the bacteria responsible for the said infection, besides that it provides a good cleaning of the oral cavity.
If you want to know how to remove a toothache with salt, you just have to follow these 3 steps that we offer below:
- Mix half a small glass of warm water with a tablespoon of salt.
- Gargle after each meal.
- After a few seconds, spit out the liquid.
This is one of the best remedies to remove an intense toothache that will help you control a possible infection and decrease pain and inflammation.
Another way to relieve a toothache with home remedies is to use cloves because they are considered one of the best medicinal plants for very strong toothache. They contain a substance called eugenol, in addition to other essential oils and acids, which works as an excellent sedative. To use it as a treatment for oral pains, you have to:
- Apply a clove directly on the gum of the painful tooth for a few minutes.
- You can also add five cloves to a mouthwash portion and rinse your mouth at least three times a day with this mixture, which will help alleviate the discomfort of a toothache.
- Another option is to apply a little clove oil on the wheel with pain with the help of clean gauze. This oil can be purchased at herbalists.
Garlic and onion
We continue with this list of the best home remedies for a toothache to talk now about garlic and onion. If you do not have any problem with eating garlic and onion, surely you will not mind this great home remedy to relieve a toothache naturally.
Its high content of essential oils, vitamins, minerals, quercetin, and other flavonoids, especially quercetin, gives both garlic and onion a great analgesic, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial power.
- Apply freshly chopped fresh garlic or onion directly to the gum of the affected tooth and pain. In a short time, you will notice that it will help you to noticeably improve the pain in your mouth.
- You can also grind a little garlic or onion and apply your juice on the molar and sore gum.
Black tea is also a good ally to relieve a toothache naturally due to its content in tannic acid, which is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory that will help reduce the discomfort in the tooth.
- Apply directly a black tea bag that has been previously placed in hot water to release the theine.
- Do not place it hot in your mouth, wait until it acquires the room temperature and then apply it to your painful area.
- You can do it several times a day.
Lemon is another of the best home remedies for a toothache. It is a citrus that contains a lot of vitamin C and other essential acids that give it anti-inflammatory, astringent and antiseptic properties. Therefore, using it to combat severe pain in the teeth is a very good option, especially if you want to avoid an infection.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon.
- Use the juice to gargle, holding it for a while just in the part of the tooth that hurts.
- In addition, you can add a little salt to enhance the effect.
Cold water or ice
Applying an ice pack or bag with ice externally, on the side of the jaw where you have a toothache, will help reduce inflammation and discomfort. To learn how to soothe a toothache with this remedy you just have to follow these steps:
- Wrap the cold compress or bag in a cloth to reduce the discomfort of contact with the cold.
- Place it on the area with pain.
- Relax for a few minutes so that the cold acts and reduces inflammation.
Oxygenated water directly in the area is also one of the most commonly used remedies for a wisdom toothache, but it serves for any type of pain in these teeth. It is a good option since it will help fight a possible infection by cleansing the area and relieving pain.
To learn how to remove a toothache with this remedy, you just have to consider these steps:
- Pour some hydrogen peroxide on a cotton swab.
- Apply it on the tooth with pain to achieve relief.
- Another option is to mix 1 part of hydrogen peroxide with 3 parts of water and use the mixture to gargle.
It is important to remember that although these natural alternatives can temporarily alleviate the discomfort, you should go to a specialist to discover the causes and receive a professional treatment in case it is necessary.