If you have problems of oily skin or spots on the skin, the tomato mask for acne is a very economical and effective remedy with which you can try, because the natural ingredients that are the best for your face.
Among the advantages that this mask entails, are recovering a smoother and more uniform face, fading marks and scars, and preventing new outbreaks. Of course, using it also involves some precautions that you’d better be aware of.
See below how you can prepare it at home with only three ingredients and what are the benefits of those that you are missing if you have not tried it yet.
How to Prepare a Tomato Mask for Acne
To make this mask you are only going to require these ingredients:
- A fresh and ripe tomato
- A large lemon
Better if you get organic sugar.
- Split the tomato in half and with a spoon, extract all its pulp and reserve it in a small container. Of course, you must remove the seeds.
- Now part the lemon in half and squeeze all the juice on the tomato pulp. Stir both things perfectly.
- Finally, add a little sugar and mix again until you get a homogeneous and very consistent paste. This will be the one you apply on your face.
How to use: With soft and circular movements, you must apply the mask all over your face and let it act for no more than 15 minutes. After this time, simply rinse with warm water and put on your usual moisturizer.
The treatment can be used up to 3 times a week, but if you notice that your skin dries too much, decrease the frequency to one.
The following tutorial Carmen Pérez Roca, explains better how you should mix all these ingredients and apply them on your face. The results are incredible
If you liked this video, look at Carmen’s interview on this page and her best recommendations for Chinese hair
Recommendations Before Using Tomato Mask for Acne
While this is a very powerful remedy for controlling excess sebum, it is best to take these details into account before using it:
- Use it only at night. Due to the lemon juice, it contains, using it during the day could be counterproductive, as citric acid stains the sun’s contact. That’s why night is the best time to use it.
- Do not apply it to the irritated or very dry skin. Tomato and lemon can cause more irritation or dryness in too delicate skins because they have a special level of acidity.
- It is not recommended for the extremely sensitive skin. Symptoms such as burning and redness can warn you that something is wrong. If you feel them, remove the mask immediately.
- If your acne problem is very severe, consult a dermatologist. Not all degrees of acne can be treated with natural remedies; Some, like rosacea or cystic acne, need medical attention.
- Make sure you are not allergic. If you have eaten tomatoes before and experienced an allergic reaction, this remedy is not for you. You can also do a test by putting a little bit into the skin of your forearm. If he does not get irritated, he continues.
Benefits of Tomato for Skin
Among the advantages for which it is convenient to use fresh tomato to treat skin problems, there are these excellent reasons:
- This fruit is a natural astringent. This means that it will perform an effective job when closing pores and eliminate the bacteria that cause unwanted outbreaks.
- It acts perfectly when controlling oily skin. If your skin is mixed or extremely fat, without risk of dryness, this is one of the best remedies for you, despite its acidity.
- Deflates and relieves redness. There is nothing richer than feeling the fresh tomato pulp in action when you are prone to blush from the buds (provided you do not have severe irritation).
- It contains valuable vitamins and minerals. In tomatoes, we find two antioxidants as valuable as vitamins C and E, as well as potassium and phosphorus.
You see why using this tomato mask for acne can be an excellent decision.
Why Use Lemon and Sugar?
Combined, these two ingredients form a powerful exfoliant that is able to remove impurities that clog your pores. Removing dead cells is very important so that the skin stays young and with a uniform tone.
In addition to that, lemon is known for its astringent properties, which deeply eliminate the bacteria responsible for acne. Other benefits include closing pores, fade scars from previous outbreaks and reduce the production of fat under the skin. Not to mention that your vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant.
Other Effective Methods to Eliminate Acne
In case you have noticed that your skin is too sensitive for this tomato mask, there are other remedies that you can try.
- Oatmeal and lemon mask. In addition to controlling acne, this remedy is able to remove pimples spots or previous pimples, in just 7 days!
- Homemade oatmeal scrub for the face. A gentler scrub with your skin, this is prepared with oat flakes, there is nothing better for acne.
- Remedies to treat pimples. And if your problem is annoying pimples, these homemade preparations are the most effective to get rid of them.
What other remedies do you know besides this tomato mask for acne?